designs!

Designs

Friday, December 8, 2006

Yesterday's meeting not very good w/o laptop; hear me out!

First and formost, yesterday's discussion was all over the place. I'm sure you had a hard time getting your points across to me and the patience we had with each other paid off in the end. I apologise I shouldnt say I can do everything myself and vice versa. Our goal is to dominate the business world beyond this pilot business (keentutors) as a team.

However, next time at least summarise what you want to present on paper and let me have a easier time digesting the gist. I shall do my part on my presentation also cos yesterday I din prepare anything to be honest.

"Time is money" - Donald Trump.

This is one of my guiding principles when dealing with business and situations less emotions. I do not condone investing time and money in a business to put myself in the vicious cycle of committing more time in it and mess up other commitments. Keep mum about the Pareto diagram. (*)

Regarding Keentutors, let me reiterate my message across:
  1. I know Keentutors can and should be automated as much as possible after having researched the potential situations problems might occur when the business is launched. I suggest automating sections which requires lots of manual work and leave the critical parts to us or for coordinators.
  2. Construction of website: I was unprepared to present how web construction works yesterday. Pardon me, I do not condone to such acts of self-degradation if we go around offering $800 and give IT companies sketches of what we want. I did exactly that since last year with both companies and freelancers and they still gave me crap. REASON:
  • IT people only understand IT lingos and they do not understand business. Even if they have a marketing department, they are just going to translate our blueprint, ideas and workflow into IT lingos for the IT programmers. I can do that! Note, they only give us exactly what we want, nothing more. If you pay them to think, business wise, they will charge more i.e. $3500. (*)

"IT companies slave for you only if you offer them the bandwagon. Don't forget, they are already pissed-off by many clients who offer them shit-rides and claim their car glitters with gold."

  • We are not business mongols yet and cannot act prima-donas infront of IT people. I have seen with my own eyes even business mongols fail in IT. We do not have established office space or recognised products to show our credibility (the bandwagon). I did my best incorporating Ben and Keen Pte Ltd and necessary stuffs to boost credibility.
  • We need to plan as much as possible and present our info to programmers in a way they understand and operate best (paving the smooth tarmac floor for them to drive their own cars).
  • The critical part of web construction is communication with the IT programmers and project planning. Currently we are project planning but not translating the blueprint to IT lingos. I believe that's my job. Embeding highly technical and automated functions do not contribute to much of the project costs. (* I have all the materials required)
Lastly, a quote from law 41 in 57 real-life laws on entrepreneurship:
Credibility has to be earned. You have a 'liability of newness'. - Sahar and Bobby Hashemi

No comments: